What can I say about these? Well, there are no words. They are just way too good. Plus, when you look at the ingredients, they’re a whole lot better for you than normal truffles. Yet to me, they own all the others by a long shot. Just trust me on this one, you’re gonna want to give these a try. But watch out, they might not last very long! :)
Monster Cookie Dough Truffles
Makes 18 truffles
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter spread, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 dark chocolate bar 3.5 oz, chopped
- optional: chopped nuts, chocolate chips
- Mix flax seed with water in a small bowl and let sit for a couple minutes.
- Combine Earth Balance, brown sugar, vanilla and flax mixture.
- Add oats and peanut butter and blend well.
- Mix in cranberries.
- Form into 18 balls and lay them on a pan or plate.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate using the double broiler method. Chop up the chocolate bar into little pieces. Put some water in a pot and heat on low until simmering. Then, turn the heat off and immediately put 1/3 of the chocolate in a bigger pot and set that one on top of the one with the hot water. As it starts to melt, add more of the chocolate until all of it is in the pot and stir. When most of it is melted, move the pot to the countertop and stir until all of it is melted and smooth. The point is to melt it as slowly and gently as possible. Chocolate is very delicate and can be ruined if not done properly.
- Take the dough balls out of the fridge, coat each one in the chocolate, then put back on the pan or plate.
- When all of them have been dipped, put them back in the fridge for about an hour.
And voila! Now you have a beautiful, delicious dessert! Just try not to eat them all at once, as these are highly addictive. I actually ate a couple for breakfast the other morning. But I have to keep reminding myself that it’s okay because there are oats and fruit in there!
Thanks for reading! If you have any other questions for me, just leave a comment below or send me an email to email@example.com. Also, be sure to connect with me on Pinterest, Facebookand Twitter!